What Information We Collect
The types of personal information we collect from our users depend on how you use our services, what services you use, and what information you choose to provide or make available to us. Our website collects information from you when you do any of the following:
- Create or register an account on our website.
- Input data or personal information into any of our services.
- Upload or post content to our website.
- Submit requests, inquiries, or other communications to us via email, support forms, or any other communication method.
- Contact our customer support team.
- Visit our websites, download any of our applications, or use our services.
- Participate in any of our contests, surveys, promotions, or any other marketing events.
- Interact with other DealsHint customers and/or guests on our community forums.
- Integrate any third-party product and/or service to your DealsHint account.
“Customer Information” refers to any information related to account creation or otherwise that identifies you as a customer of DealsHint. Customer information includes, among others, certain “personally identifiable information” such as your name, gender, contact number, email address, and postal address. It also includes any payment information, including saved payment methods, credit card details, and any contact details associated with the billing information.
If you are an end-user of DealsHint using our services through an account created by a DealsHint employer, customer, or another individual, on your behalf, we may collect and process any relevant customer information about you on behalf of the DealsHint customer with whom your use of our services is associated.
We may collect select customer information directly from you when you create or register an account with DealsHint. If you create your account via third-party services like Google, Amazon, or Facebook, to name a few, we may collect necessary customer information about you from the third-party service you used to sign up. By creating an account through a third-party service, you give us consent to collect your customer information for necessary purposes like authenticating your account with the third-party service provider.
We can access and process any customer information that you have provided to us or we have otherwise collected from third-party service providers as per the privacy policies of the respective third-party service provider. We will store the user data and customer information we collect and associate it with your DealsHint account. We only use such data and information to enable the integration of our services with the third-party service provider.
Under certain circumstances, we may collect select information about user locations. For example, we use Google Analytics to convert users’ IP addresses into rough geolocations to better understand the demographics of our users and accordingly personalize or improve the services our website offers.
How we use the Collected Customer Information
We use the customer information that we collect for a wide range of purposes. How we use the collected customer information depends on the information we collect and the types of services our customers use.
We may use the customer information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To provide services smoothly as per the agreement entered into with you.
- To respond to your inquiries, complaints, or requests.
- To provide you with prompt customer support or sound technical assistance.
- To provide you with product updates you have requested and other relevant information about products that you have purchased.
- To promote and market DealsHint services and products that our customers may be interested in.
- To monitor the performance of our marketing emails and promotional tactics.
- To create or manage your account, including associating you with your DealsHint account or the account of another DealsHint customer.
- To bill you.
- To derive market insights for research purposes and improve our services.
- To customize existing and future services or products for you and other end users.
- To secure our system and services in order to protect your information and privacy.
Personally Identifiable Information
We may use any personally identifiable information, including those provided by the customer or otherwise collected by us, for the above-mentioned purposes, but only to the extent necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the customer have provided us with their information, to perform our contractual obligations, and to respond to legal authorities or law enforcement. You can change these instructions by amending, updating, or deleting the information we have collected about you or by opting out of our data collection practices.
How we Share Information
We will only disclose or share the customer information we collect:
- If you have permitted us to do so or otherwise, given your specific consent by, for example, posting content on our website.
- With business partners to provide you with necessary services, including billing, data storage, and hosting.
- With third-party service providers that enable certain services, functionalities, or features that you have requested.
- With third parties that help us gain marketing insights and business analytics for the improvement and personalization of current or future services.
- As and when necessary to comply with applicable laws, including government and law enforcement requests.
- As necessary in the event of a proposed or effective merger, sale, reorganization, joint venture, transfer, or other arrangements of all or any portion of DealsHint’s business, assets, or stock.
How we Secure Information
We implement advanced technical policies and security measures to protect the customer information that we collect and store. However, no system or network is guaranteed to be completely secure against any alteration, destruction, loss, unauthorized access to, or use of the collected customer information. Please contact DealsHint immediately if you have valid reasons to believe your information has been compromised or may be at risk.
Managing Your Information
This section addresses the numerous ways you can manage your information, including exercising your rights concerning personally identifiable information, opting out of user data collection, using certain types of information for select purposes, and using your browser settings or third-party tools to disable select data collection methods like cookies or tracking features.
You may access, modify, or delete your information by accessing it through your DealsHint account. You control all content you post or upload to our website. Any content you delete, including content containing personal information, may be archived or retained as backup copies to allow you to use certain features such as archive storage and revision history.
If you deactivate your account, all personally identifiable information associated with the deactivated account will be deleted as soon as practically reasonable or mandated by applicable law. Please note that we have the right to retain otherwise deleted information in aggregated and/or anonymized form, in accordance with records retention obligations.
Some of the customer information we collect may be used for marketing purposes, including to send promotional emails about new DealsHint services, products, features, events, and other updates. You can click the “Unsubscribe” link on such marketing or promotional communications if you wish to stop receiving them.